News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track question

Started by ntexguy, February 28, 2010, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntexguy

i would like to purchase a bachmann 44879 crossover, however
does anyone by chance know the measurements of this accessory?
i simply need to know if i can remove a couple of 5" straight pieces of track and replace them with the 44879 and have my track still measure evenly.
thanks for any help you could offer.
mike

Joe Satnik

Do you mean "crossing gate"?
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

scrooge

Bachmann 44879 is what we call a level crossing, if you mean a crossover from one oval to another they are bachmann 44875/6 and they measure about 12 3/4 inches in length.  So no, by removing  2 x 5 inch pieces will not do the job. It would have to be 3 pieces and put back short lengths to make it up again.  Trust all this makes sense.

ntexguy

yes, i mean a crossing gate.....used the wrong description.
sorry.....
do you by chance know the length of the track on that little crossing?
thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
mike

ntexguy

Quote from: Joe Satnik on March 01, 2010, 01:06:33 AM
Do you mean "crossing gate"?

yes....my mistake.....i should have said crossing gate.
any info on size?

scrooge

I am sorry to say that I do not have one of these.  I got the measurements shown below from www.myatomic.com website.  It could be worth a phone call to MyAtomic and speak to Graham and ask if he could measure the actual track length for you. Good luck.

SPECS:    Scale:  N  1/160
Total Base Size -
Length: 4-1/2" (114mm)
Width:  3-1/4"  (82mm)

James in FL

Hi ntexguy,

The actual rail length on the 44879 crossing gate is 4½ in.

The EZ Track straight sections, that I am aware of, are 1⅛", 1 29/32", 2¼", 4½", 5", 10" and 30" lengths. There may be others I do not possess.

To incorporate this crossing on an oval layout, the two easiest ways to do it are either, buy another crossing and place it on the other side (opposite) of the oval, or purchase the "Assorted Straight Short Sections" track pack, Bachmann P/N 44829.
The track pack includes two pieces of the required 4½" straight sections.

The second option is the less expensive.

Another option to consider is a track saw.

Good Luck.