News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recent Projects

Started by BaltoOhioRRfan, October 19, 2008, 04:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaltoOhioRRfan

Well I'm 98% complete two more projects, one has taken me over a year to do. And will be ready for running by the end of tonight(i just need to get her a headlight and i saw some at the past show na dforgot to pick em up  :-[ .

Before:

The tender was added after i bought theboiler and cab. The boiler and cab were found under a shelf during the move of MB Klein. Was going to be tossed out but i said i'd buy it. Bought it for $1. Tender was bought from a train show.

After: Nearly complete. Justs needs and overcoat and the headlight. The Number board on the front will be remounted shortly.Decals were by Walthers.

I already had two of this next engine. But in order to get the 4 car set of B&O Overland Coaches i had to get anohter one(now that i have it they re-released the cars sepratly  >:( ) So i took the third 2-6-0 B&O and made it into Ma & Pa #2

Both engines still need overcoats

What have you guys been working on?
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Yampa Bob

The locos look great, nice job.

I've been finishing up my layout.  The track is laid but need a couple of changes, at least I can run my trains. I plan to start adding scenery this winter.

Today I lubed and adjusted all my diesel locomotives.  I have a Connie 2-8-0 that's making grinding noises, time to take it apart again. Just like a real railroad, always something that needs fixing.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

Bob, you say your finishing up your layout, I was under the impression we will never finish, there will always be something to do.

CNE Runner

That is an awesome engine! I wish I had 1/10th of your talent. Being "talent challenged" I opted for a couple of the Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0s...which I still have to letter. My latest project is a near copy of the 1899 roundhouse in Hopewell Junction, NY (on the Newburgh, Dutchess & Connecticut RR). The only kit I found that approximated this structure was from Faller (yes, I checked all the laser-cut kits and, no, I am not interested in scratchbuilding). The Faller kit is clearly European, so there was lots of kitbashing needed. I used siding from Paper Creek Models and slate shingles from Northeastern Scale Lumber. Considerable effort was expended in back-dating this structure to the late 19th century. All that is required for completion is to "shingle" one more stall roof and weathering the whole building. Thanks for sharing those excellent pictures of your locomotive. May I suggest some B.T.S. rolling stock to match it?
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

sparkyjay31

Taking my whole fleet of locos to the "shop" for some long overdue maintenance.

I also just purchased the Walthers Ice House which will be bashed into my Ice Company.  Adding a few structures here and there.  Getting ready to put the rubber to the asphalt and get working on the scenery...
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!