News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2 questions

Started by Daylight4449, October 22, 2008, 10:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

Okay, I have 1 loco running a frieght layout and it is a bachmann 2-6-2. Well guess what, I just bought a new 2-8-0 on ebay and really want to try it hen it gets here (I hame sure we have all felt that way) The catch. No Loco will run!. I tryed my three othes I am selling and Nope, Nope, And nope. I even tried my old thomas which usually plays the role of speed demon and, Nope. By the way, Any goood loco's and passenger cars for a 4X8 18 inch radius Layout?

Daylight4449

BTW, I check on a test track and it rn eliminating the engine, I am using a spectrum magnum pack.

Daylight4449

I would still like to know abot locos for 18 inch but the problem was that my terminal track hs one bad side!

Running Bear

Quote from: Daylight4449 on October 22, 2008, 11:56:41 PM
I would still like to know abot locos for 18 inch but the problem was that my terminal track hs one bad side!
If your terminal track is bad then I would suggest replacing it or solder the wires directly to the rails.
Running Bear

Jhanecker2

Daylight 4449 : I hate to beat a "deadhorse" but please slow down and proofread your posts.  Please!!!!  It makes it very difficult to read , and does not make you look very literate.  Even worse it makes it difficult to figure out what your trying to ask.  John  II  Sorry in advance for the correction.

Daylight4449

Yeah, I have a problem with rushing things. Still trying to find a good loco. I am looking for a cheap gs-4

ta152h0

good luck on the " cheap and good " scenario. there are a lot of guys looking for that specification and your competition is very active. You could have a beauty on 22" R. but turns into a nightmare at 18 " R.  I have a 4-8-2 that absolutely will not run well on 18 inch r curves. Has trouble big time on turn outs that are 18 ". As far as cheap goes, there are two types of modelers. those who play with trains and those that work the trains ( timetables and all ). I took my just bought 180 dollar decapod to the club run and the first thing I heard was a cadre of men tell me the air pomps were wrong and in the wrong place. Serious bunch.

Daylight4449

The gs-4 runs on 18 inch.

SteamGene

Whose GS-4?  The old Bachmann probably does.  But does it look good?  Also, please note that it is GS-4, not gs-4.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"