News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

pennsy kitbash

Started by scouts, October 25, 2008, 09:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scouts

has anyone kitbashed bowser boilers with spectrum 2-8-0 or 2-10-0, need freight loco's to go with K-4's

RAM

Why not get a bowser 2-8-0

Daylight4449

I don't have bowser but my guess is spectrum runs better

SteamGene

Carefully assembled, Bowser run fine and pull walls down.  The PRR 2-10-0 is much, much larger than the Russian Decapod.  Just because the wheel arrangement is the same is no reason to believe the locos are the same size.  Witness, if you will EBT #15 beside a C&O K-3.  Same number of wheels.  Same arrangement - very different sizes. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Eric_L

If I remember right the Bowser Pennsy 2-8-0 is not really accurate for either the Pennsy H6 2-8-0 nor the Pennsy H8/9/10 2-8-0. the good news is that both the Sunset and Gem Pennsy H8/9/10 can be had for a fairly low price in brass terms. As for the I1sa 2-10-0 that pennsy had, the Broadway Limited version is incredible.
Eric

Woody Elmore

Some Bowser engines originated in the early fifties as Penn Line. Bowser has made many changes but the engines still are generic copies.

They will run forever but assembly does require some tinkering.

As for comparing them to current Bachmann or other engines - they are nowhere as detailed but they run just as well and will really pull a long train.

There are still a lot of old fossils out there (me included) who enjoy the challenge of assembling and tinkering with kits.