Limited Run Set 90067 Bass Pro Shops Express

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, October 30, 2008, 11:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks to Mark Oles we now know there is a new Bass Pro Shops Express Limited run Set.  Bass Pro Shops price $199. 

It has a woodburner with a Rusiam Iron Boiler ans Oxide Red Cab green Tender with gold Stripes and lettering.  It is a standsrd Big Hauler with the version 5 chassis and looks great.  The yelloow Reefer Is yellow with Tuscan Red roof and ends with "Gateway To The Great Outdoors" on the left and a Big Cedar logo on the right, both in green. The car numbers are also on the ends in white.  The caboose is red with a black roof and Bass Pro Express on the letterboards in gold.  Centered on the middle of the sides is the "Redhead Logo in full color.  The caboose in the picture seems to have a tail sign, If true I do not yet inow what is on it. 

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_103300_700012000_700000000_700012000_700-12-0

If you look at the picture on the BP Web site be sure to zoom in for the best view of each piece. 

All in all a very colorful set with great graphics.

Again Thanks to Mark Oles for breaking the news on this new set!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Mark Oles

Bill,

Talking about price, I've noticed that recently, Bachmann sets were well beyond the $150 point for most of the sets.  So, $199 is not all that bad, relative to the current mail order houses. 

I like the paint job on that one too.  Not a specific Christmas or Holiday scheme.  Just a nice scheme that would look at home under a tree, inside or out.

smcgill

Was in the Bass Pro in Mass. Friday!
The sales people thought I was crazy!!
They had no clue!!
Sean

Mark Oles

Sean,

You might be crazy, but look on the bright side.  You can have imaginary friends and carry on deep philospohical conversations with them in public. 

As far as the set goes,  it might be an online only kind of a thing.

Mark

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Guy's,

My local store manager said they would put them out on Nov 9th when their Christmas wonderland opened up.

I will definitely call first before driving all the way down there.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!