News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Special Forces replacement engine

Started by Michigan Railfan, November 09, 2008, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan Railfan

I have the Special Forces train set(by Bachmann), and need a replacement engine. The horns are broken off, most of the handrails have become disconnected from the shell.  Does anyone know where I could get the engine without buying another one of the sets?

Jim Banner

I don't know where you can buy just a locomotive unless someone has one on eBay.  But I do have a suggestion.  If all you need are horns and handrails, check Walthers on line catalogue (click on the link below.)  A search for horns brings up several types while a search for stanchions brings up many types by many manufacturers.

To install some types of stanchions you will need a small drill.  Either your local hobby shop or Walthers can supply you with a set of small drills and a pin vice to hold them.  Total cost of drills, pin vice, horns, stanchions and some wire for the rails will certainly be less than a new set of trains and you will have the tools available for your next project.

http://www.walthers.com/
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Michigan Railfan

I went to Walthers .com, looked at the stanchions, and had no clue what they were. Im not sure if I was clear enough, but I mean the part between the top handrail, and where they connect to the shell, thats the part thats broken. Its hard to explain, but im going to try and get a picture on here.

grumpy

My suggestion would be to purchase the same engine with a different road name ( $30.00), take the parts off it or have someone repaint it for you.
Don