News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Seeking Bachmann loco in NH

Started by papasmurf, November 24, 2008, 07:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papasmurf

Looking for #62206: GE 44 tonner in B&M colors, w/decoder. Have they been released yet, here in NH? Thank You in Advance.
.....Old Tom  &  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

richG

I have been looking around but have found nothing yet. FYI, they come only DCC ready so far. Remove two clips on the internal PC board and solder in your decoder. A few have converted theirs to sound.

Rich

Guilford Guy

The new ones are DCC equipped. It's the old ones that were DCC ready.
Alex

richG

Thanks. I finally found the DCC equipped at MB Klein. The Bachmann Products only show DCC ready or I am not looking in the correct place.
B&M model.
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/bac-62206.htm

Never mind. I finally found them the third time I looked. I used a part number from MB Klein and searched Bachmann products.

Rich

Yampa Bob

Hey Tom, welcome to the forum, and Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

I have a 44 tonner on the way, Caboose Hobbies tested it before shipping, they said it ran great and very smooth.

I will be doing a pull test when it gets here and expect good results.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

papasmurf

HI YAMPA BOB:  LOVE your Railroad Rules! TTFN.....Old Tom   ;)

Yampa Bob

Hey Tom
Thanks, I got tired of everyone telling me how to run my railroad. I don't recall them paying the $3,000 investment. 

Don't let anyone tell you the 44 tonner isn't a great puller.  I received mine yesterday and did a pull test.

Weight.  5 ounces dripping wet.  Drawbar force,  1.75 ounces,  equates to 18 easy rolling cars.  It pulled 10 cars at 70 mph.  When fully broken in it will pull 20 cars no problem. 

The little goat is whisper quiet, very smooth.  Buy it, you will love it. Only problem is you can't tell which way to put it on the track. HINT. The stack is behind the cab.  :D

Biggest benefit....the CEO said it was "cute", that gives me an excuse to buy 2 more of them.   8) I am anxious to start chopping it, but after testing, the CEO took it away from me and said I can't have it until Christmas.  >:(

Oh yeah, I want a Tsunami that goes "Baaaaaaa".

pdlethbridge

Those 44 tonners are nice, and you can get one with a decoder now, Much easier for me on such a small unit. It runs like a swiss watch,,,,,, chased by 2 germans :o

Yampa Bob

I got the new Rio Grande version DCC equipped, I was expecting the usual growl at low throttle, but it just moved out without a whimper.

I can't wait to get the shell off and check out the chassis, I have a few more "Chopped Goat" projects in mind.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.