Service on a 4-8-2 with potential issues...

Started by Robbie, November 13, 2008, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I just bought a New Haven 4-8-2 brand new, sealed package.  Still has the unsent warranty card.  Wheels are new and shiny, never been run until now.  Problem is, it's from 2005(includes an order form for a new 2005 catalog).

It happens to have a warped wheel(or something else, all I know is that it's not round).  Basically doesn't run at all.  Tender truck doesn't pick up power, either.

Will Bachmann cover this?  And will they cover shipping?  And(I doubt they will, but anyway) could I get a different roadname if it needs replacing? (New Haven wasn't my first choice, but it was all that was available).  I've had the engine less than five hours...and I haven't been able to run it around my small loop of track more than once.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

David Leonard

I got a defective loco like that a few years ago. I sent it to Bachmann along with the blank warranty card, etc (I believe I made a copy of the purchase receipt) and they replaced it at no charge. their warranty is for one year from date of purchase, not one year from manufacture. I did pay for shipping it to them, however, but that was only a few dollars first class USPS.

You can always make contact with the customer service desk (or whatever it's called) at Bachmann.

the Bach-man

Dear Robbie,
Please call the service department tomorrow. They'll take care of it.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Robbie