is n scale ez track compatible with a faller bridge i want to purchase

Started by tdtrains, November 21, 2008, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdtrains

hi,

i'm a little new to the hoby.  i just bought a  bachman spectrum starter set and would like to purchase a bridge i liked from Faller.  its the deck steel arch bridge which is 40 cm in length prod #222581.  now, i realized that their length of track runs different.  can i buy this bridge and make it compatibe with ez track oval.  i want to replace that bridge in a straight part of my oval.  right now my oval has four 5 inch straight tracks per side.  ahh, cm's to inches!! :-)

td

TCWORLD

it sounds like all youd need to do is to replace three of the straights on one side with a peice of standard Flexi-track from some manufacturer or other. Unless of course the EZ-track road bed fits withing the confines of the bridge.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

GlennW

Making the Faller bridge with your EZtrak will be easy. The bridge you are buying is a fine styrene kit. Once finished, the EZtrack will fit into the bridge channel. You may have to file the roadbed some to get it to fit. You could also get a length of flextrak then shim the bridge up so the rails match up. You may be able to find Microengineering bridge track that has the extra guard rails & etc.