News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trainset transformer spare parts.

Started by skipgear, November 14, 2008, 05:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

How do I go about getting the DC power cord for the EZ-Track trainset transformer? A DC extension is listed but I have a couple customers looking to replace the red wire that plugs into the standard trainset transformer using a headphone style jack.

I called Customer Service this morning and left a message with no reply yet. This is a part that should be available as a normal stocking part, not a parts special order. If it is, can somebody point me too it? I have had 3 customers in the past week looking for the same part.

Tony Hines
HobbyTown USA (Cincinnati)
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

WoundedBear

It is available from Bachmann's online store, so I would think they should be able to supply a dealer with them.

http://store.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=17

No part number is given....just a description of "Power Wire".

Keep dialing....be persistent....and don't try the 1-800 number. This one usually brings better results.......215-533-1600.

Sid

Running Bear

Running Bear

skipgear

Sid (Wounded Bear) - Thank you, that is what I am looking for. I may just order some through parts for the store to sell. This is something they really need to make available as a normal stocking part through distributors. Most of the breakages seem to come from young kids playing with the sets and triping over the wire. Like I said, 3 this week alone. All their train sets use it.

KCS - Sid had it right. The part you found is just an extension. The issue is that the wire breaks right were it exits the strain relief on the headphone plug that connects to the the throttle.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

hotrainlover

Tony,
I originally put shrink tubing on the wire where it meets the "Plug" area.  This makes it stronger.  (I used red)  I have youth from church that come over from time to time, and the can be very "Excited" while handling the throttle!
I also had to join several of the original cords together, since it was not available as an open purchase....?

Yampa Bob

You might check out Radio Shack, I was told a regular stereo mini plug will work to repair the cable.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jhanecker2

Yampa Bob is right the plug is a 3.5 mm stereo plug with one wire connected to the base and the other wire connected to the next ring up , the tip is not wired. You could purchase the extension wire ,cut in in two and wire each half to a plug and have two cables . If wire breakage is a problem use shrink tubing over the wire and plug end. Good luck . I would recommend soldering the connection for best results  J2.

Yampa Bob

I think this is the right one. A bit pricey, but they never wear out. 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103990
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.