News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Signal problems with Dynamis

Started by jerryquinn, November 17, 2008, 03:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryquinn

As I mentioned on another post, I've been using the Dynamis for about 4 months.  While I love the interface, the signal reception has been just awful.  If I am not pointing it directly at the reciever (which is elevated above the layout / monted on the wall above the layout!) I cannot get a good signal.  I am usually less than 6 feet from the reciever.

Is this issue typical?  Is there anything I can do to 'extend' the antenna of the reciever range?

Also, I've seen some products being listed with some retailers (with no description) which looks like it may be some sort of 'add-on' to get better signals.

Any suggestions or news would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Stephen D. Richards

I agree with Hunt, mine worked very well until the batteries got weak.  Replaced them with good type of battery and no more signal degradation.  Plus, I believe that it was desinged to be used to it's max with the Pro Box and two or more recievers.  Stephen

kenmacintosh

The batteries that came with my Dnyamis leaked a few days after installation; that's another reason to replace them with a good set of brand-named batteries right away!! The hand set doesn't like direct sunshine, in case you have any windows in your train room. Otherwise I've had no problems with signal strength and I'm very pleased with the unit.