News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CrossOver

Started by mikec069, November 23, 2008, 05:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikec069

Is there such an animal as a double crossover?
I know there is a left and a right crossover, and I thought I saw a double crossover at my LHS.  I would have purchased then, even though I didn't need it.  But as usual no money at the time.  :'(  I don't NEED it now either.  But it would be be nice to have wehn I redo my layout.

Anyway any info is appreciated.

Thanks
MikeC

Conrail Quality

Yes, there is. I know Kato makes one in N, I have no idea about other scales. They're pretty uncommon on real railroads because they're very maintenance-intensive (much more then two single crossovers after another), so are usually used only where there isn't room for two separate crossovers. However, this space-saving attribute makes them great for layout use if you aren't too much of a rivet-counter.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Woody Elmore

Crossovers are high maintainance in real life. Over the weekend a LIRR commuter train went on the ground over some complicated trackwork at the Jamaica station (a key hub - most lines converge there). They had the train back on wheels by Monday afternoon (they had to wait for FRA inspectors) but the damage to points, third rail and signal lines will shut down three tracks for some time - the LIRR doesn't use EZ track.

This was the third problem on the LIRR in a week. earlier thay had one train run through a signal and bump another. The bump was low speed and no one was hurt. What was the engineer doing? Try this -  they think he was sending a text message while operating a train made up of 10 85 foot long MU cars loaded with passengers. His union has him under wraps.

What is this with text messaging? I've owned several cell phones but have never, ever sent a text message or received one. A friend was surprised when I told him I didn't know if my cell phone takes pictures - apparently it does.  Is that good or bad?

Jhanecker2

My cellphone takes pictures as well . I had a HVAC installation technician who took pictures of the work he did . He said they did it to verify the work. However he was not operating a moving vehicle. What is it with people that they need to be in touch with the entire universe while doing their job. They get paid to operate the vehicle and that is all the driver should be concentrating on.  While his union should protect him from unwarranted harm it should also be the first group to hold him responsible if he violated safety on the job.