News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CNR Markings

Started by grumpy, November 27, 2008, 12:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy

I just received the latest Sears Canada flyer . It advertised  a trainset with CNR markings and it appears to have been mfg by Bachman. It is definitely not a catalogued item . I wonder if Mr. Bachman or any one else can give me any further info.
Don

Guilford Guy

Alex

Yampa Bob

Sears stock is way down, they need some Canadian money to help "spread the wealth".  Come to think of it, I could use some of that "spread", beats peanut butter and jam.

Oh oh, I mentioned food again, I'll be right back.  :D
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

grumpy

rogertra

Just because it's painted in CNR, or CPR marking for that matter, do not make it an accurate model.

The vast majority of rtr equipment painted for CNR or CPR is not accurate for either.  Steam is zero and remember that an American diesel painted in CNR of CPR means nothing other than it's an Americanb diesel painted in CNR or CPR colours.  Canadian diesels are detailed differently than American details.  Horns, headlight placement, stepwells and numerous other details are different.

Guilford Guy

A quick search of the website shows the "Chatanooga Choo Choo" set with CN markings. If I'm not mistaken, that's a USRA design.
Alex