News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Headlight changeout for a Heavy Mountain

Started by RickEads, December 10, 2008, 04:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickEads

How to you access the headlight of a Heavy Mountain (Model #82504) to replace it? what kind of bulb do I need?

Yampa Bob

I can't advise on how to take the locomotive apart, however here is a discussion regarding lighting.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7318.0.html
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

lmackattack

if I recall you take the front truck off and there will be a screw that holds the boiler shell on. then remove the screw at the rear under the cab.

then remove the 2 smoke box suppor rods that run from the front walkway to the smoke box sides.

the shell should pull up and away from the frame. the light will run thrugh the weight. you may need to remove the screws to get the halves apart. then the light can be replaced

Trent

pdlethbridge

The screw that holds the drawbar and the screw under the front truck  have to be removed and the body will pop off. Slightly loosen the 2 screws that hold the cast weights together and the bulb should slide out to the rear. There is room on the top for resistors when you reinstall the light. Make sure any bare wires are insulated. Cut the wires close to the bulb and you should have lots of wire to work with.