News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Colored Smoke?

Started by Steam Freak, December 04, 2008, 01:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam Freak

I've seen things like scented smoke. But there is one thing I haven't seen yet:

Colored smoke. Have a big coal train with brown or black smoke puffing out of a steam engine.

I'm guessing it isn't possible or it would have been out a long time ago?

Is there a way to make it?

Guilford Guy

Ertl Thomas & Friends equipment puts out a nice billowing black/brown smoke when burning... I have video to prove it somewhere in the depths of my hard drive...
Alex

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! Once upon a time, I tried putting some used motor oil in a smoke machine for a burning building! ... didn't work!! LOL!!  ;D
                                                                                         THANX!!
                                                                                            Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Paul M.

Generally smoking, any kind of model smoke is bad smoke.
However, Rapido recently released a 'Oh So Steamy' steam generator car in HO scale that produces smoke. They claim that their smoke actually helps clean the track, so if this turns out to be the case with no bad side effects I'd reccomend it to anyone.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

Ah, but the Rapido "Smoke Fluid" for the "Steam" Generator is meant to represent steam... I guess it would be appropriate to call it Steam Fluid in that case.
Alex

Paul M.

Picky picky picky... I guess you're right then...

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Yampa Bob

Paul, I noticed the "c" is missing on the bottom link in your signature line. The album name is shown as "texaspacifi".
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.