News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann decoder 44915

Started by schalike, November 30, 2008, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schalike

can anyone tell me how to reset this  2 function decoder to factory values with bachmann dynamis.thank's.volker
volker

Hunt

I have deleted all the replies I posted in this thread.

The information about DCC contained in them was far beyond the usual scope of this Board and very far beyond my normal word count for a reply.

Some of the information is best used by someone with a basic understanding of the role of a DCC command station and a decoder.

schalike

thank's.what i  finally did last night was to invoke new lok on track and inputting the number 3.so in fact running the decoder default all of them have.this worked fine and the lok  runs perfect/i then deleted the old lok name and number.however,when i tried to rename the default name and number the lok will not run.then going back to default new lok 03 the lok runs.i tried to rename it three times however it seems not to be possible,why?as you suggested i tries to input  the value 8 on cv 8 without success.volker
volker

schalike

thank's;iam running  scale TT (1/120)with a fairly new piko(germany)diesel electric which  runs very welll and had  the 8 pin receptor factory installed.i plugged in the decoder which i purchased here.i do not know whether my  reprogramming of cv 8 to value 8  registered because i do not have the dynamis pro so i can not read the value that resides in cv 8.i program on maintrack and have done so for a while.there are several loks programmed so i do not which to reset the dynamis.all loks are running good and  this problem only happend  after i was trying to tweak cv2,3,and 4 in order to see what  effect  it would have  i.e.starting voltage,acceleration and deceleration.this lok runs well now as lokomotive 03(default) however as i mentioned i  seem to be unable to change name and  lok number.the bachmann decoder 44915 info sheet says that  it can not be programmed so maybe that's it.
volker
volker

schalike

thank's,the  decoder instructions say that "except for allocating address and direction E_ZCOMMAND is unable to program decoder cv's"so i think  with dynamis i should be able to reprogram.it also lists supporte cv's.i.e. cv 1,2,3,4,7,8,17,18,19 as well as 29,50 ,51 and 52.it provides  the default and min.-max.numbers.since i am new to cv programming and have no readback can you tell me exactly how to input.i.e.do i need to input the bit number one or zero and the dash, then the value?.instructions for cv 29 says default value decimal 6,( ist that 06 or 0.6 ?),decoder configuration byte 1.then it lists the bit numbers 1 to 8 and the default for each.
     it says bits are counted beginning with '1'.under cv 2 (starting voltage min0 to max 31) it shows def as 10 .does that mean 1 and then 10??
i can program addresses and lok number either way,services track or maintrack.at this point i am simply trying to experiment with cv 3 and 4 i.e acceleration and deceleration for more realistic stops and starts.
volker

pdlethbridge

Has there been any thought to standardize CV's though out the industry?