News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Chinese HO QJ 2-10-2 loco

Started by polekat62, December 04, 2008, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polekat62

hi everyone.I,m trying to help a fellow club member who recently purchased a QJ 2-10-2 while in china. He runs it on DC and has no headlight ,fellow who sold it to him said the engine lights needed to be turned on by DCC controller.Would anyone know the procedure.We tried on Digitrax system,now we are not sure what to do. Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Polecat,
On the EZ Command, press Function, then 10. On Dynamis, simply press the headlight button. On other systems, I'm sure the instruction manual will tell you which button to push, probably 10.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ta152h0

If i am reading this correctly he is running the QJ on DC power, which makes the headlight very dim at normal running speed. I swapped the filament bulbs with a LED and a 150 ohm resistor on some of my machines running on DC and I get a decent light level on DC power. Of course Murphy's law always prevails and you must have the LED installed in the right direction for the LED diode to function. I haven't discovered yet what happens to the life expectancy of this " gitup " in DCC power.

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.