News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Doodlebug Decoder Installation

Started by MKBLK, November 30, 2008, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKBLK

Hi Guys,

I thought it would be nice to upgrade my HO Bachmann Spectrum Doodlebug  :) to DCC. I purchased a Digitrax DH123PS Decoder for this unit and after opening the body am at a loss as to how it gets installed. I thought it just plugs in. Wrong! The little piece of paper that came with the Doodlebug shows the 8 pin decoder plug, but doesn't say a thing about how to install it.   :'(  A little help here will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, in advance!

richG

As far as I know, the HO scale version comes with a 8 pin NMRA connector. Just plug in the decoder. If it runs the wrong way, reverse the NMRA plug. Possibly you have an earlier model with no NMRA connector. Others may comment.
Here is a link.
http://www.2guyzandsumtrains.com/Content/pa=showpage/pid=20.html

Rich

MKBLK

RichG -

Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for the link - it saved the day. Examining the photo clarified exactly where the connector is for the DCC plug. The "jumper" is way bigger than what I was looking for (forest for the trees sort of thing) and when I gently tugged on it, voila!, off it came and the rest is history.

Thanks again!  ;D

richG

Your welcome. I love happy endings. Actually, it was fairly easy to find. I did a Google search for "Bachmann Spectrum Doodlebug DCC install" and the answer was found in the search. Many of my searches provide answers. I am a Internet Junkie and when I see a question that looks interesting, I do a Google or Yahoo search.
Good luck.

Rich

pdlethbridge

Mountainman

Does the green jumper wire have to be cut as it mentions in this "how to" ???

Thanks... MtMan

http://home.neo.rr.com/mrwithdcc/doodleb.html

richG

Does your decoder have a wire connected to the NMRA plug? That pin on the NMRA connector much of the time is vacant, at least in my experiences. If your decoder has an extra function, a wire will be connected to the pin. Then you will have to follow the instructions in the link.

Rich