Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Big Hauler Flat Car

Started by happysmith, December 05, 2008, 06:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happysmith

Hello everyone,

I am new to model railroading.

I  purchased a Bachmann Durango & Silverton large scale big hauler set while on vacation in Silvertion, Colorado late this year.

I would like to purchase a flat car to go with the set and can't seem to find any clear answer as to exactly which Bachmann flat car would work and look right with my set.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject and provide the exact Bachmann part number for the correct flat car ?

Thanks !

Jon D. Miller

happysmith,
There is only one Big Hauler flat car listed in the 2008 catalog.  It is listed as Flat Car with Logs, Item No. 98470.  This car would match up size wise with the cars that came in the set.

In the Big Hauler section of the catalog there are also additional flat cars listed. However, Bachmann lists them as 1:20.3 twenty foot cars.  These cars are really small.  These cars won't come close to the size of the cars you have now.

The Item Numbers for these 20' cars are 95612 (B&O), 95627 (Ely-Thomas), and 95670 (painted unlettered).

Usually at train shows you will find dealers that have the Big Hauler flat cars.  Or maybe you could find them on e-bay.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

happysmith

JD,

Thanks for the reply !

I'll try to find one of the flat cars with the logs that matches up with my set.

I assume the logs are removable ??

Loco Bill Canelos

Yes the logs are removable,  You can also mail order from RLD Hobbies, Trainworld or St Aubins Trains.

Since you are new Get a copy of Garden Railways Magazine,  Ther are many great Ad in the mag along with so good articles!!

Have fun with your new hobby!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

FordcvP71

I dont have any pictures handy but I have the same set and wanted a flatcar for it so I ended up getting one of the D&RGW gondola's and just cutting the ends and sides off  :D