News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Engine Bogging Down

Started by Bigun, December 08, 2008, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigun

New to the board and already have a question...

Just bought a new "Rail King" HO set and put it together under the tree.  Unit ran fine for the first day but now it's bogging down, considerably, in one corner of the track.  I've check to make sure I have good track connnections and everything looks and feels fine.  Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Patrick

Running Bear

Clean the track and the locos wheels.
Running Bear

jayl1

You might run another wire from the power pack to the area where the engine slows down (making sure the inside rail is to the inside rail & outside to outside). If you are using a small power unit there may not be enouigh "juice" getting to that spot.

Bigun

It's brand new, just took it out of the box on saturday.  Surely it isn't that dirty, already, is it? It's on one piece of the track.  I crimped the connectors so that they'd fit a bit tighter but it's stilll bogging down...

grumpy

Bigun
Clean the track. Just because the track is new does not mean it is clean. Use some contact cleaner available at Radio Shack and a soft cloth that does not fray.
Don

Bigun

Anything to use other than contact cleaner?  I'll pick some up at Radio Shack tomorrow but is there anything I can use right now to get this thing working better?

Also, if the track is dirty, does it make sense that it only bogs down on once section?  Literally, it runs fine all around the track except for one piece of track.. it almost looks like that piece is somehow broken...