News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT Steel Boxcar

Started by ebtbob, December 17, 2008, 01:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

I have decided to put this message out in the General Discussion forum because it pertains,  not only to On30 people but all O scale narrow gauge modelers.
      I told you a couple of weeks ago that I had info on coming O scale EBT cars but was not allowed to share info then.  Well here it is.
      Funaro & Camerlengo is releasing an O scale EBT boxcar.   I got the phone call from F&C yesterday.    They just called me back about 5 minutes ago and here are the details.

Retail cost of the kit - $54.95

If you order direct you get at least a 10% discount off the list price.   The more cars you order,  the better the discount.   Since I am only ordering one,  I do not know what the largest discount would be.
     The kit will come with decals,  but not with couplers or trucks as far as I know.   I did not think to ask about the trucks as I am planning on using this on my On30 railroad and the Bachmann coal car trucks are correct for the car.
      For more info,  call Sharon at 1-570-224-4989.    When they answer the phone they just say hello,  so do not expect them to answer with the company name.
      At the November show in Allentown they told me they had other cars in the planning stage,  but their release will be based on the success of the steel boxcar.
      Please direct all questions to F&C.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Woody Elmore

Is this the same kit that was put out by the Friends of the EBT some years ago? I had one and traded it away and was always sorry I didn't have it to build.

ebtnut

It most likely is the same kit, since F&C did the FEBT kits originally.  It does build up very nicely.  I would note though that I think the EBT steel box cars used the "long" Vulcan trucks, whereas the Bachmann 2-bay hopper comes with the "short" trucks.  The difference is about 6" in wheelbase.  C&BT shops made the long trucks in Delrin to go with their 3-bay hopper kits.  BTS has these trucks available in brass.