News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....from snowy Victoria

Started by polekat62, December 24, 2008, 05:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polekat62

I just wanted to wish everyone Merry Christmas.

Can't wait for tomorrow because I am sure that Mrs. Santa has a package for me containing a 'GE45Tonner'

Cheers, Polekat

Yampa Bob

I have a GE 44 Ton waiting for me. Santa let me test run it then hid it until Christmas.  >:(

Have fun with your "45".

Happy Holidays
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

Bob,

I see that you are keeping busy discussing trains until it's time to unwrap your new locomotive.  My wife always wants to open at least one gift on Christmas Eve, so I opened a Spectrum passenger coach & put the couplers on it.   ;)

Bill

Yampa Bob

The "44" runs great, much smoother than earlier yard goats.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rogertra

Quote from: polekat on December 24, 2008, 05:54:33 PM

Can't wait for tomorrow because I am sure that Mrs. Santa has a package for me containing a 'GE45Tonner'

Cheers, Polekat

You in snowy Victoria as well?

Normally mild Victoria, BC has more snow that any other Canadian city.  Sucks, don't it? 

ta152h0

Mind keeping the snow up there instead of shipping it down I-5 to Seattle ? PLEASE ?  ;D 

grumpy

If the snow bugs you how about a week of -30 .That will freeze you convertible top. Make sure you put antifreeze in your golf clubs.
Don

Jhanecker2

In the winter of 1979 it was 30 degrees below zero for approxiamately 5 months and the only time it warmed up was so that it could dump another foot of snow on the ground .  Spring was truely appreciated. J2.

Eryalen

Quote from: polekat on December 24, 2008, 05:54:33 PM

Cheers, Polekat
I have a 45T and it's great. Those side rods are mezmerizing going like mad at 20mph (scale). It seems to make a lot of gear noise but I'm told that will diminish with use. There is a speaker grill in the bottom but I don't know where you could fit a decoder.