News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis

Started by Mr.Train, December 26, 2008, 03:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Train

Does anyone here own a Dynamis system if so how is it working and would you reccomend it for a beginner?

richG

Here is am example of how to search the messages for possible info.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?action=search2

Rich

Yampa Bob

A person should learn to swim before getting into deep waters. It's your railroad and your money, but you need to ask yourself "Do I want to just have fun running my trains, or spend a lot of time fiddling with CVs"?

You should download the instruction manuals for Bachmann EZ Command, NCE Powercab, Digitrax Zepyr, Dynamis, and MRC Express/Advance.  Read them thoroughly then decide which best fits your needs.

Don't be misled by all the hype about running multiple trains. For a small single main like mine my motto is: "One engineer, One train", then I can give that one train my undivided attention. I don't even have to look at the controller.

Would I recommend Dynamis for a beginner? My honest answer is "No".  Other's mileage may vary.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

acceleration / deceleration rate, momentum, lights, chuff rate etc. These usually are done once, a set and forget thing. Any cv's changed should be recorded for future reference. Yes, one or 2 engines in consist, 1 engineer. Have fun. The learning curve for a more advanced system is not that bad. I still have a lot to learn on my NCE power cab but I was running a train right after I hooked it to the tracks. Very simple set up.

Jim Banner

Other than the address CVs, the CV I would most miss if I were not able to adjust it would be CV2, the start voltage.  A quick tweak of CV2 and my locomotive starts when I crack the throttle, not when I reach half way.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

Most of my locos start moving at about the 8 O'clock position. My sound AC4400 fires up when I barely crack the throttle. Of course I rarely pull more than 8 or 10 cars.

I control acceleration/deceleration and momentum by careful use of the throttle. It makes me feel like I'm in control of the loco, not the loco controlling me.

pdlethbridge

Some locos are slow starters, my sd 45 for one. It won't start until about 40%-45% of throttle. I'll be tweaking it to start sooner tomorrow. I couldn't do that on ez command.

Yampa Bob

In the morning I am a slow starter also. Think a Power Cab could tweak my starter upper?  >:( 

Heading for Denver again tomorrow, want to look at the new Overlands in Rio Grande yellow that just arrived at Caboose. I should say let my wife look at them.  8)

pdlethbridge

your starter upper got up and went,,,, several times ;D ;D ;D ;D