News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Power Cord

Started by Party Crasher, December 24, 2008, 10:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Party Crasher

I bought a Bachmann Spectrum set "used" from a local train shop. Very nice set.  The only thing missing is the cord from the power pack to the track.  It appears to need a plug on one end (not terminals like I am used to).  Can I buy this power cord?  I checked into a replacement rerailer/power connection track and that one has terminals on the wires and not the plug.  Can I just get that plug from Radio Shack?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Loco Bill

Welcome to the party!!   The best advice right now would be to go back to the store and see if they can get you one.   On the left of the screen you could click on the order parts bar then click the Scale of your set and see if the picture matches what you need then order it.  There are ways to work around the problem with wire, but without a picture of what you have it is hard to suggest a way. 

Hope this helps at least a little.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Mr.Train

Could you get a picture please. if it is what I'm thinking it would be extremely easy to fix with 2 pieces of wire a couple of minutes. :)

Hunt

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!!  If the cord is the red one that goes from the PP to the TERMINAL TRACK, just contact me through e-mail, and I'll send it to you. I've got several.   :o  (HO ONLY!!)                                        
                                                                                               THANX!!
                                                     8)                                         Ernie
bevernie@hotmail.com
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

glennk28

Know anyone with a soldering iron?  simple quick fix with one. 

taz-of-boyds

The power cord Hunt referenced is the same for the N and Large scale Bachmann items I have.

(from the Bachmann Store link Hunt provided)

Have fun,
Charles

Party Crasher

Thanks guys.

Yes, that is the cord.  The shop I bought it from didn't have a spare on Christmas Eve but luckily "Santa" had a power supply from an old N set from when he was a kid, which saved Christmas morning.

The shop owner offered to get me one or install a "phono jack" on the end of the one that I have.

Thank you all for your help.