News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I'm moving my G-scale set outside

Started by GG, December 31, 2008, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG

And am in the market for a new steam loco to join my existing LGB starter loco that is now 10 years old and still steaming along.

In my search, I note that service, when required can be a challenge.  Can anyone advise me if Bachmann has a service depot in Alberta Canada?  ( better yet a stocking distributor )

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

gg ???

grumpy

There are no stocking distributors in Alberta . Wholesale Hobbies in Edmonton have some knowledgeable people for HO and they sell some G gauge product ; mostly Aristocraft. Trains and Such in Calgary have some product but I do not know if they have service knowledge. All the units I have and whatever knowledge I have obtained has been through the internet from other hobbyists or discount hobby shops.I have a small outside layout and if you would like contact me at da002@telus.net or ph. me at 780 458 0024.
Don (St. Albert AB)

GG

Thanks Don... St Albert eh?

Ditto:  780-458-1620 

I will call.  Seems to be a shortage of G-scale people in our area?

gg

tac

Sadly, yes.  the biggest dealer on your side of Canada, so to speak, is Art Knapp in Surrey BC.  Well Worth a trip to Vancouver to stock up on sunshine AND trains!

Happy New Year!!!

tac, mrs tac & ig, the New Year Vulture

GG

Yes, Art Knapp.  Per his website he is very much into big boy trains and I'm sure that the trip worth it.  Just need to fill the car with train buffs for the trip.

I will need to contact them to see how good their service dept is.

Thanks for the feedback.

gg