News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Command DCC System questions

Started by Santoro2020, November 24, 2011, 08:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santoro2020

First of all, for reference I have relating to the questions: Two P42's, simple layout, and will get two of the P42 MRC Decoder #1645 for each P42.

I really want to get DCC on my simple layout and a friend told me to get the E-Z Command DCC System because it would be pretty good for what I have and need. I watched videos on this DCC controller and have two question:
1. If I have my two P42's engines back-to-back and their both consisted and running normally together... How would have it so ONLY the lead engine's horn goes off when I tell it to and not the help engine too?
2. The only features I'd use with this would be basically horn, bell, lights (dim, bright, ditch lights), and that's basically it. Would this be a good DCC beginners choice of a DCC controller?

I have no experience with N scale in DCC (which is what I'm getting) but quite a bit with HO Digitrax DCC so I don't know how different some of the features would be and if they'd be confusing to set up. And I have watched Bachmann's video tutorial on YouTube.

Thanks, Nick.

skipgear

If you are venturing into sound, then the EZ Command system is not enough. It does not allow you to progam decoders other than a basic address and direction. You need to be able to program the sound decoders to match your loco, it's not just a plug in operation.

Look at either a Digitrax Zephyr (my choice) or an NCE starter system. Both will do more for you and allow your layout to grow.

The EZ command system will allow you to run multiple locos and that is about it.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Santoro2020

Thank you very much. What about the NCE Power Cab? That is my next choice.

skipgear

The NCE system will work fine but it has some limitations if you start expanding your layout beyond the basics. The NCE is a little easier to program than the Zephyr but I think the Zephyr has better features and is much easier to expand and upgrade later.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950