News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command and locos not responding

Started by boomertom, January 04, 2009, 12:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boomertom

Quite unexpectedly my EZ Command and GP40(my only decoder equipped locomotive)  have stopped working.

The GP40 will run on dc but will not do any thing on the EZ command.

Analog locomotives will display lights but not respond on address 10.

Two questions come to mind:
  !. The decoder has shorted out

2. The EZ Command has failed. ( It has never really handled analog locos as advertised so I don't know if this is due to the vintage of my older Athern bluebox locos)

Any suggestion s, reccommendations etc would be appreciated,

The EZ Command was acquired at a train show so returning to the dealer may pos a problem.

Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Hunt

If the LED next to the active locomotive address button is blinking you are in the "Function" mode.

Should this not be the condition, use the TROUBLESHOOTING AND OPERATING TIPS information in the instructions. Been there, done that: Contact by phone Bachmann Service Dept for your options.

boomertom

I can activate function mode and lights work properly for both forward and reverse. The locomotive still will not respond to the throttlr.

Do I need to call the general customer bservice number or is there a number for DCC problems?

Boomertom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Hunt

two ways,
1) Call 215-533-1600 and ask for the Service Dept

2) Service Dept has a number, 800-356-3910, you can use but it is likely to be awhile before someone returns your call (if ever) if you have to leave a message.

Jim Banner

While waiting for the service department, you might want to determine whether the problem is in the locomotive or in the E-Z Command.  This will require a working locomotive and/or a working DCC system, preferably both.   Are there any other modelers using DCC in your area?  Perhaps they can help you.

You mentioned that you have a Bachmann E-Z Command system but not what brand of GP-40 locomotive or what brand of decoder it has in it.  This information might provide more clues.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

boomertom

the GP40 is a Bachmann DCC on board.

It responds on both MRC Prodigy and Digitrax so the problem is in the EZ Command which is being sent to Bachmann.

Thanks for your interest.
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)