DCC Turnouts & Prodigy advance 2

Started by mikec069, January 03, 2009, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikec069

Greeting all & one;
I got 2 DCC standard rurnouts for Xmas.  Thanks to my wife.

I have a Prodigy advance 2 controller.  According to what I could find on their web site, I don't think they've heard of DCC trunouts.   ;)   My question is, does anyone know how to access/program the turnouts with the afore mentioned controller.

Thanks to all.

Mikec069

PaulDeS

Mike,

I read your post with interest since I've thinking of controlling my turnouts with my Prodigy Advance 2 also. There is an article on the MRC website (by Frank Verrico) that has a little information on the Accessory button on the handheld (and the need for a separate accessory decoder) that may offer some help. I haven't done anything but think about this topic so I can't offer any more help, except that if you call MRC (732-225-6360) Service they may be able to help. I have found that they are good at retuning calls if you don't get them directly.

Peter O

There was a great review of this turnout and some of the steps necessary to use in in Model Railroad news and couple of months ago.

I could scan a copy and send it to you if you give me your e-mail off-line.

I think the Prodigy is all set to drive accesories and define routes etc. I don't have the manual infornt of me, but I think it should work fine.

You may want to jon the MRC group on Yahoo which has a lot of experienced users.