News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on30 4-4-0 how to add sound?

Started by JFABBEYROAD, January 07, 2009, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JFABBEYROAD

I have all the 0n30 engines with sound and they are great. I want the new 4-4-0 but it does not come with the sound installed. Does anyone have a answer and how to do it? Thanks, J&Ts Rustic Rails

Tomcat

Hi there !

There was a similar question here in the forum some weeks ago. But - its that easy: If you use a ESU Loksound decoder for HO Scale, there you go: Just plug the 8-pin connector and place the speaker. Even the holes for the speaker are there.

Or - take a Soundtraxx Medium Steam or a Soundtraxx D&RGW C-class (which I personally had chosen for Bachmann´s brilliant 2-8-0 Consolidation) and get a fitting harness (since this decoder lacks in a 8-pin connector) and you would just need to solder two wires-the speaker wires.

Another idea would be to get a Bachmann HO decoder from their Consolidation, but I´m not sure if they are willing to sell this as a spare part.

But, please have a closer look into the previous posting which will give you masses of ideas what to do. It´s easy! And I´m sure - if you will have a local dealer, the folks there will be happy to assist, though...

Cheers, Tom

Tomcat

jestor

I second the vote for the ESU Loksound for it's ease of installation and great performance.  The Soundtrax is also a fine product, but does not come with the 8-pin plug already wired on, so it is not "plug and play". The sound quality is a matter of opinion.