News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old HO Scale Trains

Started by rivauxcreekflyfisher, January 06, 2009, 10:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivauxcreekflyfisher

Was just curious if anyone thought HO model engines from around1977 would be worth anything?  I have five that I have kept in storage and they all run.  Four of them are Bachmanns and the other two are model power and tyco.  The tyco will not do much.  The Bacmanns run great like they did thirty years ago.  I am planning on using  a lubricant on the trucks but wondered if something like these have any value?  I am just planning on keeping them and letting my son use them.  He just got a new Bachmann Casey's Express for Christmas.  Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Fly Guy,
By all means let your son enjoy them. The joy you will share will FAR exceed any collector's value!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

az2rail

I have to agree with the Bach-man. Unless you got lucky and had a rare set, older HO is not very collectable. To much of it is made. Your trains will have way more play value than if you sold them.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

rivauxcreekflyfisher

Thanks to both of you.  I was planning on letting him have fun with them.  He is 9 and really seems to be enjoying it.  I have about thirty freight cars also so he seems to be in heaven.  There are two Bachmanns that are bicentennial models (Norfolk and Western and Seaboard Coast Line) that have 1776-1976 on them.  The other is a Illinois Central Gulf.  Just proves that Bachmann makes a solid product to me.  The other is a model power and it runs pretty well also.  It was an Amtrak engine. I know I sure enjoyed them and to tell you the truth after firing them up tonight I felt a little younger myself.  Thanks again.

glennk28

There are some groups for the collectors of older HO--one is  vintageHO@yahoogroups.com   for those who are serious about restoring and operating older HO equipment.  gj