News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Mate Steel Track Connectors

Started by josten, January 13, 2009, 10:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josten

Some of the tiny metal connectors on the end of the track came off.  I'm actually missing 3.  What are they called?  Can I order a pack of them or do I have to get new track sections?  They must have something to do with electricity or signals flowing through the track because the engine won't run now.

THB-DAVE

You need Atlas HO Universal Rail Joiners (Nickel Silver) (48 pcs./pk). You can pick them up ay any Model train store or from Atlas directly.

Dave

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! Yes, they definitely have something to do with it, for without them, you do not have a completed circuit! The electricity must have a complete (clean) path, and those "rail joiners" complete that circuit!!
                                                                                                 THANX!!
                                                        8)                                        Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Joe Satnik

Dear Josten,

I think you mean EZ-Track

EZ-Mate is Bachmann's HO knuckle coupler.

I think it takes a jack-hammer and explosives to remove the metal rail connectors from HO EZ-Track.

How did they just "come off"?  Are you sure you have Bachmann's EZ-Track?

170 is the item number for the Atlas' HO rail connector. 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Yampa Bob

Perhaps "Murphy's Law Number Two"?

I tried removing a damaged joiner once and pulled the whole rail out.  >:( 8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

THB-DAVE

I have taken quite a few EZ track rail joiners off and I found the best method is to use needle nose pliers with lots of side to side and twisting motions to finese them off.

Dave