News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Warranty question for the Bachman

Started by Rocket_Scientist, January 03, 2009, 08:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket_Scientist

Just want to see if I can get a clear answer on this before I stop at the philadelphia facility later on this week.

I keep seeing references to needing reciepts for warranty coverage and whatnot. Does that also apply to older locomotives with the "lifetime" warranty? My Northern 4-8-4 front left driver will no longer stay attached to the gearbox (i'm pretty sure the plastic gear inside has cracked where the axel goes in), as well as two sickly 4-4-0 americans, one heats up pretty badly after a few minutes of running and starts to stall,  and the other is pretty much dead.

Does Bachmann REALLY expect to have a reciept after 17 years? Still have original box and all paper work with the locomotive purchased in 1991. A reciept wouldn't last that long anyway..they fade away after a year or two. Same thing with my 4-4-0's . Had'em for years with very little run time, One purchased by itself, the other from a set.

I need some replacement parts anyway to revamp some of my oldest locomotives but in all the times i've been there over the years i've NEVER had to bring in a reciept.

Or am I reading this all wrong and the reciept is only required for the "free" replacement or repair VS the $10-$15 charge for locos after the first year?

Anyway, I've still enjoyed seeing the shop area when i've stopped by in the past. Last time I was there i was asked if i'd like a job in the repair department... ;D Wish I had had the extra time to take the position  :D

the Bach-man

Dear Rocket,
By all means bring in the  loco. The service department may charge a nominal fee, but you will be pleased with the result.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

vilefileman

Um, I too would actually like you to answer this.