News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum 4-8-2 headlights

Started by chesapeake chaney, January 21, 2009, 08:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chesapeake chaney

Help please.  I just got my replacement (repaired?) engine from bachman.  It runs great with my mrc 1629 decoder.  There is only one problem no lights.  Bachman will not return my email and its impossible to talk to a real live person.  I do not really want to send it in again as it took 8 weeks to get it back last time.  I love the engine but I want my lights.  Can it be programmed to 28 step; I hear that might get me lights.  I program on the main in ops mode with digitrax 400.  Any other info please ask.   bwchaney  I tried search engine but could not find what i was looking for.;  my electrical knowledger is basic so no  detailed technical explanations please

Hunt

If your locomotive also runs in the reverse direction of your other decoder equipped locomotives the decoder plug is not correctly installed in the 8-pin socket. Unplug, turn 180-degrees and insert back into the socket. Now all pins are in their correct orientation with the 8-pin socket.

If you have been changing the settings of various CVs in an attempt to resolve the no lights issue, then you may need to start over by resetting the CVs to their factory set value per the MRC decoder's instructions.

Use the light function (F0 or whatever MRC uses on this decoder) to turn on/off the light.

If speed step was the problem I would expect to see headlight flashing, but; the way MRC designs their decoders to operate can be a surprise to me and many times even to MRC tech support.  :P