News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need help with Bachmann Ez Track

Started by anelson02, January 21, 2009, 11:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anelson02

I am putting together a layout, my first, very new to hobbie.  The layout calls for a 1.5 inch piece of track.  I have searched and come to understand that Bachmann does not make this size.  I am wondering if, after looking at the package that is sold via bachmann for a 90 degree crossing, it comes with 4 small pieces of track.  Does anyone know the size of those 4 pieces?  I am wondering if I can use one of those pieces to fit the gap in my layout...

grumpy

You may be able to if you havent fastened your track down. You may be able to shuffle the track around an make it fit. If you can't make it fit you can cut the track to size .
A Zona saw will cut it ; A Dremel tool with a carbide blade will cut it or a pair of good side cutters.
Don

Joe Satnik

The newer 90 degree crossing comes with four 2" straights.  HO EZ-Track cannot be made shorter than 2", as its two 1" long underside tab pockets interfere with each other.

I'm sure the design with 1.5" pieces is from Atlas.  This piece usually mirrors the offset (1.5" away from the points end of the turnout) of the curve portion (18"R - 30 degree) of the "snap switch".

You can get 1.5" by differential methods.  Add a 4.5" piece to the space where you want 1.5", and add a 3" piece to the opposite side of your layout.  ( 4.5" - 3" = 1.5")

Hope this is understandable and helps. 

SIncerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Jim Banner

If there is a 9 inch straight also involved, you may be able to use 4.5" + 3" = 3" which is 10.5" total in place of 9" + 1.5", which is also 10.5"
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.