Bach-Man: OO scale wheels in USA?

Started by BeeZeeNCee, January 19, 2009, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeZeeNCee

I'm trying to locate a United States supplier of OO scale Bachmann 12mm spoked wheels.  The specific item number I would like to get is 36-014.  These are 12mm diameter 8 spoke wheels with metal axle and rims, and they come 20 axles in a pack.  There are probably a hundred UK suppliers of this part, but I'd rather not pay shipping from there.  Anybody handle these in the ol' USofA??  They are also apparently out of production at the present, as many of the suppliers are out of stock and don't know when they will get more.  Walthers is of no help on this item.  Anybody else????

Darrell

Loco Bill Canelos

Darrell,

If many of the UK suupiers are already out of stock I recommend you bite the bullet and grab what you need  from one who still has them and pay the shipping!!   
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Dear Bee,
Try:
Models11.com
They stock a great deal of British inventory.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

BeeZeeNCee

I have sent them an email of inquiry.  They don't seem to have anything like that on their product list, of course that may not be their total inventory.  They don't even mention Bachmann as a brand they carry.  Does the Bach Man not even know who carries Bachmann parts????

the Bach-man

Dear Bee,
They are the only company I know of carrying Bachmann UK products in the US. If they don't have what you need, you'll have to go across the pond.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

BeeZeeNCee

Thank you Bach-man.  I'm still waiting to hear from them.........