News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

roundhouse question

Started by msaman, January 22, 2009, 09:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msaman

is there a roundhouse and turntable available anywhere that is compatable with Bachmann EZ Tracks?

Conductor Phillip

msaman

ok cool, so the atlas roundhouses do work with EZ Track? I was looking at the atlas one at my local retailer but could not tell if it would work and the owner didn't know either.

Michael J. Caboose

The Atlas turntable won't connect with EZ track, but will work with a little elbow grease. The best way to get them to line up it to cut the tabs off the end of the piece(s) of EZ track you want to lead up to the turntable. Then you can take a regular piece of straight track (without any roadbed, just plain old track) and cut it to fit in the small space on the turntables between the table itself, and the track leading up to the turntable.

Maybe someone can make that sound more clear, I know its been done before. Good luck!

MJC

Birdog

I have 2 of the atlas turntables and I have the Life Like (LL) Power Loc track. I am slowly converting to code 70.
Anyway LL sells a piece of powerloc track that comes with regular rail joiners. I attached that piece on the approach track to the turntables then attached a short piece of normal code 100 track (on cork roadbed) to connect to the turntable.
So it went like this:
1. Standard powerloc track
2. Powerloc track with railjoiners
3. Standard code 100 on roadbed
4. Turntable

One final note. The standard code 100 on roadbed was not as high as the powerloc so I had to shim it to have the rails match. This is all a temporary set up anyway just till I get the code 70 layed. My 4 year old (read: me) just had to have something to get the trains running.
Don't know if this helps.
Birdog

Pacific Northern

Quote from: msaman on January 22, 2009, 09:18:14 PM
is there a roundhouse and turntable available anywhere that is compatable with Bachmann EZ Tracks?

The Walthers turntable and roundhouse are also compatable with EZ track. In fact any roundhouse and turntable could be used with EZ Track.

All that is required is a transition between EZ Track and the track serving the turntable, from the turntable to the roundhouse you would not be using EZ Track rather any track without roadbed.
Pacific Northern