News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Maryland train show

Started by CHUG, January 26, 2009, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHUG

There is a train show up in maryland on saturday and sunday near baltimore you see. Is anybody from here in virginia beach area going up because we can split a ride and gas both ways. I need to leave here around 4 am saturday morning or else friday night and come home sunday afternoon because i will be selling things there. If your going please give a response with a number for me to call you at. Also tell me if its a problem to bring a dog and so fourth. Thanks.

adari

Where exactly is the show and when is it exactly. I would not be able to carpool because I live near dc. But I do want to go to the show. Thanks
Adari

ebtnut

The show is at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, MD, just north of Baltimore.  It runs Saturday and Sunday. 

CHUG

Its up 301 to 50 to 97 to 695 to 83 and about a mile to the exit and ill be there both days with a orange home depot cap on selling good things at good deals and so forth. Last time i went there was good grub there to. Anyboby thats going maybe we can grab a cool one saturday night and talk about our clubs and so forth.

Mike

Chug- If the weather doesn't stop us, 10 or11 of us from Richmond, VA, will be there Saturday. I'll try to look you up. = Mike

Guilford Guy

Its times like these that I'm glad I live many miles away, and my worst fears only include running into Thomas Fans I've yelled at...
Alex

boomertom

CHUG

Recommend that you affiliate with the NMRA, you would automatically become a mem ber of the Tidewater Division, Mid-East Region. A Railpass membership is available at no cost and good for six-months.

We have bi-monthly meetings as well as an active modular group. You can hook up with modelers all Hamnpton Roads.

For more infomation get in touch with Jimmy Curth at Hungates in Pembroke Mall, tell him Tom Blair sent you.

Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

CHUG

roger sounds like we got a plan and you richmond guys try to get me on your way up on ch 14 and ill be back and forth to the truck at the show and my call is beaver eater so if your not spotting me inside try the radio otherwise look for the orange home depot cap in the show

Woody Elmore

CHUG - I have been attending Timonium shows since they began and I want to know where they hide the good food you mention. The folks who run the commissary work very hard but that Maryland food just doesn't agree with me.

This is not meant to scare off people from the Timonium event - it is worth the admission price just to walk around and look at all the vendor's wares. There are usually train movies being shown and the operating modular layouts are always fun to see.

One caution - try not to go to a Timonium show after there has been a livestock event - the place is very fragrant!

CHUG

The bbq sandwiches smell up the hole place and are great and hot dogs and so forth.

Woody Elmore

Exaxctly what I meant - the food stinks up the "hole" place. They should feed the hot dogs to the gentlemen who are guests of the government in Guantanamo Bay - they'd soon talk really fast.

Just kidding but I usually either bring a cooler with drinks and sandwiches or go to a local restaurant because I have a sensitive stomach.

If you can eat  the Timonium hot dogs and Bar-b-que then more power to you!

CHUG

mike how much does it cost myself for you to affiliate with nmra and will jimmy curth be there at the maryland show on saturday and sunday so i can talk to him there and so forth. woody i dont know if there kosher hot dogs so i dont know if they would talk fast or not if they eat them in gitmo from the end of a usmc air born m16 :D

boomertom

CHUG,

This is Tom Blair in Virginia Beach, as far as I know Jimmy will be working at Hungates this weekend.

To answer your question about cost currently the NMRA offers a Railpass to new members at no cost good for six months and includes "Scale Rails".
This gives you an opportunity to see if you like the organization.

Jimmy is the current Division Supertendent and should have Railpass forms at tghe store.

If you have any other questions e-mail me at TJBJRVT68@YAHOO.COM
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

CHUG

Thanks Tom i really appreciate the help because funds are low these days