Spacing dimensions for the 44575 and 44576 #6 remote crossovers

Started by ridgeland, January 17, 2009, 11:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgeland

Can anyone provide the spacing dimensions for the 44575/44576 #6 remote crossovers?  The two critical dimensions that I need are the center to center dimension between the two parallel straight sections and the length of the straight sections not including the "snap lock" tabs at either end.

Joe Satnik

Dear RL,

According to Hunt:

"HO #6 Remote Crossover Turnout -- 2-3/8" between centerlines, 21-1/4" long"

It's best to buy them in right and left pairs. 

You get symmetry on both sides of your ovals, and you can crossover from either oval in the forward direction.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ridgeland

Joe,

I appreciate your quick response but am still a little uncertain.  On the Tower Hobbies web site, I had seen the 21.25 dimension for the length of each straight section in the crossover but it isn't clear if that is the overall length including the tabs on the ends or just the track/rail length.  Can you or anyone else confirm which.  Thanks for the help.

Ridgeland (Tim)

Joe Satnik

Dear Tim,

Usually the tab length is not included.  We measure end of rail to end of rail not including the metal rail connector.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ridgeland

Thanks for all of the help guys.  I already have most of the more commonly used Bachmann track pieces which I can measure but do not yet have these particular crossovers and want to include them in the scale layout which I'm doing on the computer.  I appreciate your time and help.

Ridgeland (Tim)