News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Couplers

Started by hawaiiho, February 02, 2009, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiiho

I was looking through the dicusssion group a couple of days ago and came acrossed a pictorial on how to "trim" a hook horn

coupler so that it would mate to the Bachmann EZmate knuckle.

Now that it looks like I will need it, I can't find it.

Does any one remember it?

Not the one showing all the tools.

Yampa Bob

Here you go, a good pictorial, courtesy Paul M.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,4821.0.html

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hawaiiho

Thanks Bob,

I figure this will make a good project if I get snowed-in.  I can take a handful of old hook horn couplers and work on them.

Cheers,

Paul M.

Thanks for the interest.
If you live in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, or Arkansas, pick up the March/April edition of the Cowcatcher Round-Up. An article I wrote about trimming the horn-hook couplers to make them knuckle-compatible (like the thread) will appear in the 'Workshop' column.
http://www.cowcatcherroundup.com

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Yampa Bob

Paul M.

My apology for not including credit for your thread.  I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and edited my previous post. 

As you know, I have written several detailed tutorials, often requiring a lot of thought and effort.  It's rather perplexing when someone else goes to great lengths to answer a question without first doing a search for a previous thread on the topic. 

I easily found the thread by entering horn hook couplers in the search box. The search feature is your friend.   8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hawaiiho

I guess that I might as well fess up to my mistake, before someone reads my initial post carefully and realizes why I couldn't find the post myself. I spent several hours looking for how to mate a "hook horn" coupler to a knuckle coupler.

Oh well, that's what getting old does to one.