H0 Scale Norfolk & Western J...Should it Smoke?

Started by kazvorpal, February 15, 2009, 05:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhanecker2

Just for curiousities sake, is it possible to remove the smoke unit from the locomotive and what would the consequences of doing so be to the unit ?

ta152h0

This particular model is not user friencly. You just about have to break it to open it.  it was made by tiny hands that can reach, not fat fangers like mine.

Michigan Railfan

I read somewhere that one guy's HO locomotive had smoke, and the heat from the generator melted the plastic funnel! :P

Tylerf

Removing the shell may be hard but if you do get it the square smoke units just slide out with no wire just contacts.

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! ;D As has been expressed greatly in other threads on this board, there are many who do and many who do not use/like smoke units, so I will only say that if there is ANYONE who wants to throw a unit away, please throw it at me! My address is:
<bevernie@hotmail.com> !  :o
                                                                                          THANX!!
                                                      8)                                        Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

trainmaster971

The smoke stack will melt if the unit is allowed to overheat.  I know because I had a Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern do it.