News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Why no more of the HO Climax?

Started by Steam Freak, February 19, 2009, 02:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam Freak

Why hasn't there been anymore models made of the HO Climax? I want one very badly.

RAM

The Climax was a very nice looking model.  However it had design problems   Most of them
broke and could not be repaired.  Many design changes will need to be made before Bachmann
would reissue the model. 

Steam Freak

Once the bugs are worked out, will they make anymore of them?

jerryl

What is the problem with the Climax.  I've had one for over a year & have had no problems yet.  What can I expect to happen & if they can't be fixed, what will Bachmann do if I have a problem & send it back?   Jerry

NWsteam

Jerry,

The Climax's have defective drive lines. You are extremely lucky not to have a problem. If you do develop a problem, don't even bother sending it to Bachmann as they can't fix it and will offer you a shay to replace it.

Bob W

What broke in the drive line? I have one but presently do have not layout so it has only been run on a test track

Bob W

richG

Quote from: Bob W on February 22, 2009, 09:00:05 PM
What broke in the drive line? I have one but presently do have not layout so it has only been run on a test track

Bob W
What I have seen so far is the gears crack where the metal drive shaft enters the gear hub.

Do a Google search for spectrum climax cracked gear. A couple people managed to repair theirs with I believe ACC. No telling how long the repair will last. I see this issue in other mrr forums.

The new owner of NWSL was sent a Spectrum Shay which has the same gear problem.  The owner could not run it anyway. The owner is looking into the issue. No promises made. Possibly if a lot of people would contact NWSL, there "might" be some response. Cost will be another issue for replacement gears if any are produced.

http://www.bouldermodelrailroadclub.org/NWSL%20new%20owners.htm

Rich