News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse Loops

Started by TRAINMAN9, May 12, 2024, 05:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINMAN9

At 88 I.m probably starting my last HO layout.  I have all brass locomotives in DC and would like to include a reverse loop.  Can I do this with Bachmann track?

Len

Yes. I've given up on trying to replace metal rail joiners with plastic ones on EZ-Track. Instead I use a cutoff disk in a Dremel tool to cut gaps in the rail where needed, then glue a thin strip of styrene in the gap to keep the rails from touching.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Fred Klein

Cutting gaps in EZ-Track works very well. Even though I run DCC, I've cut gaps where I want to isolate my programming track from the rest of the layout yet still be able to run the engine onto the programm track under its own power. IIRC, the piece of styrene I needed to use was either .010" or .020" but may be different depending on the thickness of your cut-off disk. The way I did it, I cut a small piece of styrene of the correct thickness and glued it in the gap with CA glue. I let it dry overnight and then trimmed it with a #11 blade to match the profile of the rail. Hope this helps.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL