News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC Switches

Started by casper, March 02, 2009, 09:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper

Hi,

I have emailed you before and I have called the Bachmann telephone numbers. No Response on the email and it's impossible to talk to a real person on the customer service line.

I have Bachmann DCC switches and crossovers. IS THERE ANY LIGHTED SWITCH INDICATORS THAT WILL WORK WITH THESE SWITCHES????

NJ International makes dumb switch indicators. Can they be connected to the DCC switches? I would appreciate an answer.

Thank You.

Jim Banner

You can use pairs of grain-of-wheat lamps, pairs of LEDs or a bicolour LED.  But you will have to use stationary decoders to drive them.  Just program the stationary decoders to the same address as the turnouts.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

casper

Jim,

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it. I wonder if NJ International switch indicators would work hooked to a decoder as you described.

Thanks Again,
Joe.

Jim Banner

Joe, NJ International doesn't say much about their switch indicators on their website.  From the photos, I am guessing that their switch indicators are simply the housings along with 2 LEDs or 2 lamps per housing.  NJ International switch machines have multiple set of electrical contacts and I suspect their switch indicators were designed to work with these contacts.  Unfortunately, Bachmann DCC switches do not have those contacts.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.