News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum, GP-30 Diesel . . . . .

Started by doug c, March 07, 2009, 02:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug c

. . . . Reading #5520   item No. 41-0823-10

Upon closer inspection of  a seemingly (expected)  mint/unused unit,  I noticed  "crazing" of the engine cab.

Is this specific to this particular piece ? 

Was this spectrum run plagued with a bad paint job !   

The final end-user will not have to weather the cab much anyways !

Thanks for your time and any info,

Doug C
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Yampa Bob

Hi Doug,

I checked the catalogs back through 2007. As far as I know, the GP30 was never made as a "Spectrum".  Also the stock and road numbers you gave don't correspond to any listings.

If the locomotive was claimed to be "Mint in box", suggest contacting the seller/source to resolve the issue.

Others may have additional information of which I am unaware.

Regards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Nigel

Yampa Bob did not go back far enough - almost two decades not far enough.  The Spectrum GP30 was announced in 1988.

Check out: http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmannhoscalelocomotives/id58.html
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

jayl1

Paint peeling was a major problem with the Reading units.  As Nigel stated, you have a very old unit.  Hopefully you didn't pay much for it.  I certainly would not be happy with this selller either.  Missing/peekling paint certainly is NOT a "mint" unit.

IIRC there may have been a problem of not cleaning the shells properly before painting them at the factory..

doug c

Thank you Gentlemen for such a quick response !! 

the weather must be unsettled in your part of the world also . . .

Anyways  I had acquired this unit as a attendance prize at a local event past October.         Was planning to post it onto E'y  and 'flip it', to acquire some funding for my LS habit.     Probably still will,  but with a more appropriate starting bid. 

But first I'll take it over to the donating local shop and point out to them the "fine" (not)  quality of the 20yr old units.       

Thanks again for your time and all the info !!

nite,
doug c

YYC
s.w. Canada
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99