News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann repairs

Started by Daylight4449, March 09, 2009, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

I am looking for a spectrum 0-6-0t, a spectrum 4-6-0, and a spectrum 2-6-6-2, freght cars of any type, and a zephyr. tsunami decoders, and of course, buildings. Man i have got quite a shopping list. I also want an unlettered russian. so any help tracking these down would be appreciated. my track work is done though, Yay ;D so there is my plans for The New york susquehanna and western, also, are there any other good spectrum steam locos, i AM HOOKED ON THE SPECTRUM LOCOS, tHEY rock.

OkieRick

One tip before you go nuts with your cash; compare the prices of DCC vs DCC with Sound.  a decoder, speaker and wiring hrness + s/h is going to cost you $125.  Which is less expensive in the long run?

FWIW...

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

boomertom

However,ther is a certain intrinct value in seeing/hearing a locomotive highballing around your layout that you did yourself.

I'm not sure I would tackle an entire roster in this manner, but would like to do a couple this way.

Also what if the locomotive of your dreams does not come off the shelf with sound?

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Tylerf

Haha you remind me of a small cartoon I saw in a train magazine, where a guy has a huge list and buys everything in one load and then buys a shovel and his modelrailroad friend asks what it's for and he says" if I'm going to have a model railroad like yours, I need a basement first"
Anyways the message is take it slow, the enthusiasm Is great but don't  and buy everything at once. Over time you find rare sales/deals and eventually growing your locomotive and car roster.
Good luck
Sorry about the comic description:)

Tylerf

The zepher is a very good choice and not to expensive.