News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

paint for Edward

Started by engineman15, April 05, 2009, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engineman15

hi everyone can someone tell me what kinda paint I should use for Edward's wheels?

Cheeky_ULP

Whacha mean? There's nothing wrong with them.

Less you're THAT picky about the shades/hues/whatever, which only sharp eyes (including mine, but I don't mind it) can catch.

engineman15

I mean what type of paint I should use on Edward's wheels because on his front right bogey,some blue paint had come off and I don't what type of blue paint to get

SmokeyNSteamer

Maybe you should give him "gray wheels!" LOL! (remember Trouble in the Shed?) ;)

But seriously, I don't see anything wrong about Edward having gray wheels and don't comprehend the joke in the epsiode.

I may suggest 8 parts Conrail blue lightened with 1 part reefer white?

Santa Fe buff

Look here: http://www.testors.com/category/133505?n=0

Conrail Blue and Reefer White would be okay in a 8:1 ratio, but I like Great Northern Big Sky Blue a tad better. Yet again, I don't play with paints much. Also, I don't own any of these paints.  ;D It's helpful that they do this color thing so we don't have to 'guess' the real color inside the bottle when they show us a picture of one, instead of the paint's color. Be careful, your in the enamel paints' section, use the left toolbar to navigate to the acrylics page.

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

engineman15

Guilford Guy

Whatever you choose, it will not be an exact match... You're going to have to paint both wheelsets on that side of the pilot truck if you would like them to look similar. Weathering will help disguise the fact that its not factory paint.
Alex