News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroad Club sites

Started by ebtbob, March 13, 2009, 10:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Yampa Bob gave me an idea from his post about Caboose Hobbies virtual tour,  when he gave a link to the Rocky Mountain railroad club.
      The idea is to share your favorite model railroad club's website.  My club,  GATSME,  has been in existance for over 50 years now.  We just finished our current show season last weekend and thanks to all who came out and saw the railroad in action.   You can visit the club via the website at www.gatsme.org.   By visiting the website,  you can take a picture tour of the railroad as well as see a trackplan.  Please take some time to visit the site and let Val,  our webmaster,  know what you think of the site and the club.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!! ;)BEAUTIFUL!! Looking at those photos reminds me why I get so DEPRESSED when I think of all my TRAIN STUFF downstairs!! Mine will NEVER LOOK NEAR THAT GOOD!!
       HAND-LAID TRACK?? W O W !!
       GOOD JOB!!
                                                                                          THANX!!
                                                          8)                                Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Yampa Bob

Bob,
Great idea for a thread, it would be nice to see the various club layouts.

The Rocky Mountain Club has been building/expanding a layout in the lower level of the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden (near Denver) for the past 30 years.  It's completely enclosed with glass at viewing level. There are several buttons to push that activate different trains for about 5 minutes, with a recording describing the features, like a tourist guide.  There is also a garden railway, run by members during the summer. 

Here's the club link again for this thread, and a link to the museum.  On the volunteers page, there is a picture of the garden railway during construction. I'd like to stay in Denver for a few weeks and take the museum's training classes to become an engineer.

http://www.coloradorailroadmuseum.org/

http://www.rockymtnrrclub.org/
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.