News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track NS remote turnout query

Started by bluebar2, April 15, 2009, 03:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebar2

Hi all
I have 2 of these that are near new but now refuse to work properly. They operate correctly when the black switch is to the right but simply buzz and refuse to move when it is pushed to the the left.  The problem is in the turnouts as the switches operate other turnouts correctly.
My question is there anything I can do to repair the problem or should I just bin them and buy new ones?
I'm new to all this so please bear with me if it's a stupid question.

BestSnowman

How are they wired up? I had to extend a couple of my switches wiring (couldn't find the handy extension cords locally) so I cut, lengthened, and soldered it back together. While I was testing it before sealing up the solder I bumped them and that caused them to behave like you are describing.

If you haven't modified the wiring at all you will need to contact Bachmann support and I would think they would cover them with some sort of warranty.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

the Bach-man

Dear Blue,
There is a throw bar with a pin inside. It sounds like the pin has slipped out; when it's replaced the operation should be correct.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bluebar2

Thank you guys. I will check that out. 
Snowman - they are just wired up as per the Bachman leads that come with the switch - nothing fancy!  Thanks