News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

J 4-8-4Spectrum, what a nice surprise

Started by jwoj69, April 22, 2009, 12:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoj69

J both it J 4-8-4 about 5 years ago. It was very nice, rich detail, noce runer. Imagine my surprise, when a received new one. I heard that Bachmann upgradet it. I was not expecting coplete new engine! From metal boiler, new handrails, led lighting, it just totally different, even better engine! Looks different, runs different. To anyone who has older version of J 4-8-4 it's worth it to get new spectum version! he only worry i would have is a curve radius. I had problem running it on 19 inch turns. I did not spend time looking into it honestly, i just went to my wide track. Igot so exidet i wasn't gone waste time and wait longer to see it running.
I have great admiraration to new Bachmann's Spectum line, i just was not expecting That Bachmann would basicly recreate again very good runner J 4-8-4. I did not see amuch changes in the tender, if  any.
Anyway, as i said before,  it i sa new, even better engine.
Thank You Bachmann!!!

the Bach-man

Dear jwo,
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

James in FL

Check to see, there is a piece of foam between the fire box and the trailing truck.
Remove that.
Mine will handle the 11.25r EZ track at slow speed.

I agree.
B'mann surely raised the bar with this loco.
I put it in the top of the class of the N scale locos ever produced.
The others being, the B'mann Heavy Mountain, the B'mann Connie, and the Kato mike, and GS4 (4-8-4).

It's among the top of the class.

Kudos to B'mann.

jwoj69

Quote from: James in FL on April 23, 2009, 10:18:29 PM
Check to see, there is a piece of foam between the fire box and the trailing truck.
Remove that.
Mine will handle the 11.25r EZ track at slow speed.

I agree.
B'mann surely raised the bar with this loco.
I put it in the top of the class of the N scale locos ever produced.
The others being, the B'mann Heavy Mountain, the B'mann Connie, and the Kato mike, and GS4 (4-8-4).

It's among the top of the class.
You are write! After posting my topic, i was looking at my engine from every angle. Just enjoying it. That is when i saw a piece of dark foam, almost unvisible when engine is on the track. It handles curves much better.
Very good point. Thank You..
jack.

Kudos to B'mann.

jwoj69

Quote from: the Bach-man on April 23, 2009, 12:58:01 AM
Dear jwo,
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man
I just hope for one new engine a year, if it is possible.
I like to thank everyone at Bachmann for last few absolutely great n scale models
thank You all
jack