News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela Express

Started by Rickenbacker 325, May 02, 2009, 03:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

For my birth day I got Two Acela coaches but no engine. I found the two acela engines at my Hobbystore. I was wondering, Are they DCC powered and one dummy or one DC power and a dummy. I ask this because I have the Dynamis.

Conrail Quality

They are DCC-ready (8-pin NMRA plug), but not DCC equipped. You will need to add a decoder. The plug in the dummy is for DCC lighting control with a decoder.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Rickenbacker 325

Just got it and a decoder.  are there instructions on how to remove the body?

D.Harrison

Go to this page on my website and scroll down to the section on powercar shell removal.  Enjoy.

David Harrison

http://web.mac.com/msibnsf/iWeb/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed/Modeling%20Techniques.html

HOtrainnut

The biggest problem in the Acela cars is that on the box it doesn't say what road numbers the cars have.

Can you tell me what road numbers Bachmann made in the;
First Class, Business Class, and Business End cars?

dutchman87

This may not be a complete list, but the following cars have been made to date:
First class cars - 3203, 3208, 3209, and 3210.
Cafe cars - 3306, 3312, 3316, and 3319.
End business cars - 3409, and 3414.
Business class cars - 3510, 3517, 3528, 3529, 3530, and 3532.

mlrr

I hope that Bachmann has considered adjusting their packaging methods so that people know what road numbers are in the box.

It's nice to meet a down-to-earth vendor who is willing to open the package to see what road number is for you.  We need more vendors like this but in all vendors' defense; they shouldn't be placed in this position.

Suggestion to Bachmann (I forget if the packaging is already like this.): 

Do not seal the box top and box together.  Make it possible to remove the box top without breaking the seal so the actual model can be seen.  A stock photo is not enough.  It wouldn't matter so much if there were decals readily available to renumber these cars.
~Kyle
The Mary Lindsay Railroad - Featuring Amtrak Model Trains
www.marylindsayrr.vze.com